Welcome to Overseas Programs in Washington University's International and Area Studies Program! The goal of international study through the College of Arts & Sciences is to encourage our students to acquire the broad cultural knowledge, the languages and the practical skills to enable them to participate fully in a global society.
- We offer over 100 programs in over 50 different countries
- 50% of A&S graduating seniors (42% university-wide) report having participated in a study abroad program for a semester, a summer or a year
- Approximately 570 Arts and Sciences students study abroad each year, roughly 320 during the semester and academic year and 250 during the summer
- Summer programs are increasingly popular, many focusing on intensive language learning, and are offered in China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Kenya, Kazakhstan, and Spain
- Our system of establishing Study Abroad Advisors in each department, among the first of its kind at a private research institution, ensures a high level of faculty involvement and oversight
We hope you will explore our programs and wish you success as you embark on your international journey!