On Monday, 6 October 2014, the Spanish government confirmed the first reported case of Ebola in Europe.
Welcome to Overseas Programs in Washington University's International and Area Studies Program! The goal of international study through the College of Arts & Sciences is to encourage our students to acquire the broad cultural knowledge, the languages and the practical skills to enable them to participate fully in a global society.
- We offer over 100 programs in over 50 different countries
- 50% of A&S graduating seniors (42% university-wide) report having participated in a study abroad program for a semester, a summer or a year
- Approximately 570 Arts and Sciences students study abroad each year, roughly 320 during the semester and academic year and 250 during the summer
- Summer programs are increasingly popular, many focusing on intensive language learning, and are offered in China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Kenya, Kazakhstan, and Spain
- Our system of establishing Study Abroad Advisors in each department, among the first of its kind at a private research institution, ensures a high level of faculty involvement and oversight
We hope you will explore our programs and wish you success as you embark on your international journey!